Japari welcomes visitors and encourages parents, teachers and any interested persons to visit our school. Every day is an “open day” at Japari. For a relatively small school, we are incredibly busy. Visitors will see a number of different activities occurring throughout the day.
These activities can range from our juniors painting or sculpting, to ball skills, computer studies, interactive lessons, drama classes, dance, marimba and drum practice, singing, public speaking, science experiments, 3D model making, a range of sports, art and technology activities, library, children reading under trees or talking, playing, learning.
Visitors will see and meet dedicated specialist teachers, a trans-disciplinary team, sports coaches, ground and administrative staff, all busy providing a quality preparatory educational environment for our children, who are recognised for their individuality.
Visitors will find small classes (10 – 15 pupils), depending on the grade. They will also find IPads, interactive boards, laptops, projectors, sound bars, Mp3 players, headphones, and dictaphones, which are used throughout the school. Visitors may meet children from other schools, visiting Japari for a week, if they are interested in joining our school.
If you stay long enough you will find happy, challenged, supported, affirmed children, who are being prepared for High School and beyond.
Children need to fit the following criteria to be considered for placement at Japari:
- 5 – 14 years of age (grade appropriate).
- Cognitive skills need to be within the average cognitive range.
- Specific learning difficulties need to be the child’s core problem.
- Parental involvement and support is essential.
- An initial interview with the parents can be scheduled with the SENCO.
- A scrutiny of psycho-educational assessments and other relevant reports will be done.
- The child has to be assessed by a psychologist if previous assessment is older than 2 years.
- If your child is a potential pupil for Japari, he/she will be asked to attend school for a trial period of 5 days. A trial fee has to be paid to the Bursar and the Agreement form has to be submitted before the trial period can proceed. During this period, the teacher, SENCO and Screening specialist will observe and assess your child informally.
- The Teacher, SENCO and Principal will confer as to the suitability of the school for your child.
- Parents are then informed of the decision during a final Interview. Recommendations will also be made during the final Interview.
- All pupils accepted are subject to a probation period of one term after the Registration fees have been paid.