National Core Curriculum: Adapted/modified to suit the individual needs of pupils. The Caps Curriculum.
Grades R and 1 – Less than 12
Grades 2 to 7 – 15 or less
Admission Criteria: Children need to fit the following criteria to be considered for placement at Japari:
- 5 – 14 year of age (grade appropriate).
- Cognitive skills need to be within the average cognitive range.
- Specific learning difficulties need to be the child’s core problem.
- Parental involvement and support is essential.
- An initial interview with the parents.
- A scrutiny of psycho-educational assessment and other relevant reports. The child will have to be re-assessed by a psychologist if the previous assessment is older than two years.
- If the child is assessed as a potential pupil of Japari, they will be asked to attend school for a trial period of three days, where the teacher can assess the child informally
- Teacher, SENCO and Principal confer as to the suitability of the school for the child.
- Parents are then informed of the decision.
- All pupils accepted are subject to a probation period of one term.
If you do not find the answer for your question, you can ask us by submitting it using form below: