Reading week at Japari School
During the week of 19 June – 23 June 2017, the learners of Japari will be involved in fun reading activities, including being entertained by “Hooked on Books”. This year the theme for Reading Week will be ‘Colours’ which is in line with our “Rainbow Nation”.
We will be using some of our reading activities to raise funds to provide benches outside the classrooms, on which children can store their school bags:
- ‘Read the Words’ challenge. Children will be required to read a list of words, and parents to sponsor each word read correctly, to a maximum of R30.
- On Friday 23 June, children will be allowed to wear a coloured T-shirt to school if they pay R5 into our ‘Pot of Gold’.
- On Friday 23 June at school, children can have coloured streaks sprayed on their hair at R5 a streak.
Japari’s birthday celebrations will also be held on Friday 23 June and all Parents are invited to join us at this function.
We thank you for your support.
Japari Reading Department
- Date: Friday 23 June 2017
- Venue: The school hall
- Time: 10h00
- Tea: Under the Lapa, 10h30 to 11h00
Please note that school closes at 11h00 on Friday 23 June 2017
READING WEEK PROGRAMME
Monday 19th 8.00 Hooked on Books – whole school
Tuesday 20th 10.30 – 12.00 Reading Activity Games – Gds. 2 – 5
(Twister and a Colour Reading Treasure
Wednesday 21st – 8.00 – 9.30 Reading Teachers will test reading words
Edie will test the reading words for Gds. 6
– 10.30 – 11.30 rehearsal of poems and song – Gds 1-2
Thursday 22nd – Continue testing reading words
8.00 – 9.30 rehearsal of poems etc for Friday Gds 3-5
10.30 – 11.30 rehearsal for Gds. 6 and 7 boys
11.30 – 12.30 rehearsal for Gds. 6and 7 girls
Friday 23rd – 8.00 – Children to pay R5 into the Pot of Gold to wear a
coloured T-shirt to school.
8.30 – onwards – children can line up to have their hair
sprayed with colour for R5 a streak.
10.00 – line up to lead into hall /parents to be seated
+/- 10.30 Some participation from children – poems etc.
Mr Rees and the birthday cake
Parents tea/coffee under Lapa – children to get
cup cake and juice and then go home with