At Japari School, we are proud to offer comprehensive occupational therapy services that cater to the unique needs of our pupils. Occupational therapy at Japari School is designed to assist children in overcoming barriers that hinder their ability to engage fully in everyday activities.
Our team of skilled and compassionate occupational therapists work closely with pupils of all ages, tailoring interventions to meet their needs. Whether a child is experiencing difficulties with fine motor skills, sensory processing, social interaction, or self-regulation, our therapy program aims to promote their overall growth and development.
When we refer pupils to OT:
- Poor pencil control and cutting.
- Poor sitting posture/ inability to sit still and focus.
- Reduced visual perceptual skills for age.
- Incorrect letter and number formation.
- Reversals of numbers or letters.
- Poor ability to modulate his or her system or activity.
- Sensitivity to loud noises, certain clothing textures and unstable surfaces, height or movement.
- Overwhelmed in crowds or busy spaces.
- Clumsy or accident prone.
Key components of our occupational therapy program include:
- Assessment and Individualised Intervention: We conduct thorough assessments to identify each pupil’s strengths and challenges. Based on these evaluations, our therapists create personalised intervention plans that address areas requiring improvement
- Sensory Integration Therapy: We employ sensory integration techniques for pupils struggling with sensory processing issues to help them better understand and manage sensory input. This approach enables them to participate in activities more comfortably and confidently.
- Fine and Gross Motor Skills Development: Our occupational therapy focuses on enhancing fine and gross motor skills. We help pupils develop better control over their movements through engaging activities and exercises, improving coordination and physical abilities.
- Social Skills Training: We recognise the importance of social interaction and communication in a child’s life. Our therapists employ various strategies to teach and reinforce social skills, allowing children to build meaningful relationships with peers and adults.
- Self-Regulation and Emotional Support: Pupils facing emotional challenges or difficulties in self-regulation are provided with tools and coping strategies to manage their emotions and responses effectively.
- Collaboration with Families and Educators: We strongly believe in the power of collaboration and work closely with families and educators to ensure consistency and continuity of support for each pupil. Our therapists provide guidance and strategies that can be applied in the therapy setting, at home, or in the classroom.