Japari School respects your privacy and takes the protection of personal information very seriously.
The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we collect, store, use, and protect information that can be associated with you or another specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify you or that person (personal information).
Personal information includes:
Information relating to your race, gender, sex, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth:
- Identifying information – such as your name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
- Contact number – such as your phone number or email address;
- Address information – such as your physical or postal address;
- Information relating to education – such as results, pupil history, Individual Education Plans;
- Financial information – such as your bank account details;
- Special education needs – such as assessments from Educational Psychologists, Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists;
- Medical information and medication administration – such as reports from medical professionals.
The personal data of pupils and their families is collected and used for the following reasons:
- To support pupil education
- To monitor and report on pupil progress
- To safeguard pupils
- To meet the statutory duties placed upon us by the Department of Education
Storing Personal Information
We may store your personal information in physical and electronic records and will only use it for the purposes for which it was provided.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- Retention of the record is required or authorised by law, or
- You have consented to the retention of the records – such as our Alumni database
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws.
Access to physical records is restricted to senior school management or authorised by management to employees to fulfil their job descriptions.
The company hosting our electronic data will host the data in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.